Sunday 24 November 2013

This blog post is dedicated to Maggie, because she told me I should blog again. However, I probably can't just leave it at that, so now I have to find something to write about. So I clicked through the photos on my camera that haven't been shared, and realised I could tell you about last weekend. It wasn't terribly exciting or anything, just a pleasant weekend.

Friday was a public holiday, I think because of Brazil becoming a republic (is there a word for that? Republicising?), so there was no school or anything, and my family went to visit relatives in Planalto, an even smaller town about an hours drive away. There isn't actually all that much to say. It was just a lovely weekend spent outside in the sun (living in an apartment gives me a newfound appreciation of just sitting outside) reading books and chatting with people and swimmming in Eliandra's sister's backyard pool. Oh and the 15th birthday of a cousin (15th birthdays are a big deal here)





Sitting in the car on the way home, watching the world flick past my window it struck me again what a beautiful country this is. Sometimes it's a neglected, broken sort of beauty, but it's beautiful all the same. New Zealand will always be my home where I belong, but Brazil is the perfect place for an adventure.

3 comments:

  1. Can you please provide a postal address?

    Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rua Presidente Kennedy, 1285, Apto: 402
    Centro- Frederico Westphalen, RS
    CEP: 98400-000
    BRAZIL

    I look forward very much to mail :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Christmas present is now on its way from Barnes & Noble, USA, via the wonders of internet ordering. It is not gift wrapped within the package. Consider it part of a generalized-gift-to-the-family rather then specifically for you. (The upside of this is that when you get home you can demand access to the other books I've given.) (And you might be able to sneak it in to whatever pile of books you take with you when you leave home, after all, none of them have more claim to it.)

    Something to consider while reading: Is it a comedy or a tragedy?

    P.S. the 'prove you're human' text I need to type to leave these comments really are illegible. I'm always surprised when it actually accepts what I've typed.

    ReplyDelete