Saturday 21 December 2013

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I promised my sisters that I'd write two blog posts a month up till the end of 2013. So, this here is the final one, before I head away on holiday tomorrow. Look at this, dearest sisters of mine, I win! Barely, but whatever. Normally when it gets to the end of a year my reaction is something along the lines of 'whooaaah, what happened to that year, I swear it's only June'. This year has been a little different. Every time I hear something about looking forward to 2014, or have to write the date with a 2013 in it I do a little doubletake- you mean it's not 2014 yet? It's been a long year, and I'm ready for it to be over. Not because it's been terrible, but because new years have so much potential and so much that could happen and no evidence at all that it won't. Maybe I'll travel (in fact, pretty much guaranteed :) and I do have to get home somehow). Maybe I'll become a pirate and sail the seven seas (somewhat less likely, but let's not rule it out) Maybe I'll work out exactly what I want to do with my life (ha. haha. nope)

I haven't really been up to much lately. Last wednesday was my last day of school- we pretty much just watched a movie, said goodbye and left- none of the drama that the last day has in New Zealand. It was a bit of  surreal feeling day for me. I knew that really that ought to be the end of school forever for me, but no, I'll be back for another 3 months next year. Since then I have taken full adantage of the opportunity to do nothing at all. Midday naps, walks to the pool, reading books, that kind of thing. It's nice, but getting a little boring to be honest. And doesn't involve enough Portuguese-speaking- if I continue at this rate I'll have forgotten everything I ever learned by the end of the holidays. But that's a problem for another, less lazy day.

Goodbye my dears, Merry christmas and happy new year. When I get back I promise to write all about what a Brazilian christmas is like.

1 comment:

  1. I've just read the first two sentences of your post aloud to two of your dearest sisters, having arrived in Wellington at 4:30pm today.

    If you remember my Wellington friend Stephanie, she now has a 5 day old baby, named Eleanor.

    I'll poke the computer at nieces so they can read your post in full themselves.

    Michael.

    ReplyDelete